A Closer Look
Hello and thanks for stopping by.
I’m Yvonne Chase aka The Single Woman’s Cheerleader; a Certified Dating and Relationship Coach to Singles and Pre-Committed Couples. This blog is all about living a great single life and dating smart and I am literally the poster child for everything I write. I talk my walk and walk my talk!
As a Christian woman, I try to incorporate a kernel of faith into each post because, for me, I can’t talk about living a great single life, making smart dating decisions and marriage without including God in the conversation.
In addition, I’m a pop culture junkie, therefore, many of my posts reference reality TV, celebrity chatter, sitcoms, romantic comedies and popular song lyrics. This blog meets at the intersections of faith, pop culture and reality TV. With every post, my goal is to always leave you with, “Something to think about.”
A few random things about me:
- I’m single, never married and don’t have children. The last time this I updated this was 2014. Since then, I am now in a relationship with an amazing man who came into my life at the right time. You can read all about it here.
- I was born and raised in Nassau Bahamas to parents from Barbados which makes me a Bajan-Bahamian. I LOVE my Caribbean roots!
- My two sisters and I used to sing as a trio called The Chase Sisters. I enjoy singing and I sound great out of the shower. My mother had a wicked alto and so do I.
- Eating clean, working out and getting a massage as often as I can are super important to me. Self-care Sunday is a real thing for me.
- Chia seeds, quinoa, amaranth and steel cut oats make me happy.
- Cooking brings me great joy. I love finding a recipe then going off to the market to buy the ingredients then returning to my kitchen to make magic. Sometimes it comes out great, other times not. My latest try was a vegetable crockpot lasagna. I honestly thought it was insane to make lasagna in a crockpot, however, it came out amazing and was delicious. Here’s feedback from a friend who tried it; “Delicious is an understatement. It is to die for. So tasty!”
- A homemade acai bowl or green drink are a daily staple; spinach, a slice of lemon with the skin (that’s where all the Vitamin C lives), a piece of ginger, fresh aloe vera, pineapple, and water is one of my favorite blends. Try it!
- I have 2 sisters and 4 remaining brothers. Everyone is married with children except my oldest brother and me.
- I’m now an aunt to 18 nieces and nephews. That number increased when my youngest brother tied the knot.
- My parents would’ve celebrated 53 years of marriage in March 2017, however, my mom went home to be with the Lord on September 1, 2016.
- I enjoy my own company immensely and have always been my own best friend.
- I LOVE people and I talk to strangers daily.
- I’m terrified of dogs and want nothing to do with cats.
- Barnes & Noble or any good bookstore is a slice of heaven on earth for me. You can find me there at least once a week with a stack of magazines and books.
- Reality TV is a weekly indulgence on shows like; Million Dollar Listing, Shark Tank, Married At First Sight, Guys Grocery Game, Diner’s, Drive-In’s and Dives etc and Saturday mornings are for watching the Food Network in this order; The Pioneer Woman, Trisha’s Southern Kitchen, The Kitchen, Valerie’s Homecooking and Giada Entertains.
- Jesus is the best thing that ever happened to me.
Before you go, read some of my most popular posts:
Want to stay connected?