What’s It All About?
Hello and thanks for stopping by.
I’m Yvonne Chase aka The Single Woman’s Cheerleader; a Certified Dating and Relationship Coach to Singles and Pre-Committed Couples. This blog is all about living a great single life, dating smart and marriage…all done with a twist of faith.
As a Christian woman, I try to incorporate a kernel of faith into each post because for me, I can’t talk about living a great single life, making smart dating
decisions and marriage without including God in the conversation.
In addition, I’m a pop culture junkie therefore many of my posts reference reality TV, celebrity chatter, sitcoms, romantic comedies and popular song lyrics. There’s a good mix of faith and pop culture here. With every post, my goal is to always leave you with, “Something to think about.”
A few random things about me:
- I’m single, never married and don’t have children.
- I love children and have been told numerous times I would make a great parent however, I don’t want them coming out of my body.
- I was born and raised in Nassau Bahamas to parents from Barbados which makes me a Bajan-Bahamian. I LOVE my Caribbean roots!
- I can sing really well. I took lots of voice lessons when I was younger and my two sisters and I used to sing as a trio called The Chase Sisters.
- I love grocery shopping. Trader Joe’s is my favorite grocery store and I absolutely love, love, love Farmer’s Markets.
- I got my driver’s license at 16 and have been driving ever since. I love driving and hope to take a cross country road trip some day.
- I’m a health and wellness aficionado. Eating clean, working out and getting a reflexology massage as often as I can are super important to me.
- Chia seeds, flax seeds, quinoa and steel cut oats make me happy.
- I enjoy cooking then eating what I prepared with a friend whenever possible.
- I drink some sort of green drink daily; spinach, a slice of lemon with the skin (that’s where all the Vitamin Cl lives), a piece of ginger, fresh aloe vera, pineapple and water is one of my favorite blends. Try it!
- My Vitamix is the most used appliance in my kitchen.
- I have 2 sisters and 4 remaining brothers.
- I’m an aunt to 17 nieces and nephews. That number is sure to increase once my youngest brother ties the knot in July 2014.
- My parents will celebrate 50 years of marriage in March 2014.
- I enjoy my own company immensely and have always been my own best friend.
- I LOVE people and I talk to strangers daily.
- I’m terrified of dogs and want nothing to do with cats.
- I go to the bookstore every Thursday to read all of the gossip magazines; US Weekly, Life & Style, In Touch, OK, Star, People etc
- Jesus is the best thing that ever happened to me.
Want to stay connected with me?
Before you go, read some of my most popular posts: